Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Our Summer"



With Shane being a youth pastor his schedule was full of exciting, fun events with the kids. Here is a list of some of the things Shane got to do with his students this summer: White water rafting up at the American River in Sacremento, Hume Lake Christian camp with the Junior Highers, weekly poolsides on Wednesday and Thursday nights, Club Med where the kids and Shane meet up at a park and the kids learn how to spend a quite time with the Lord, paintballing, VBS, Magic Mountain, Beach days...I think the list could go on for awhile. I love it though...he has such a huge heart and I do as well to see the youth come to know Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to be where God has us...I could'nt imagine anything more perfect for us to be doing.

Well, other then the list I gave you...while Shane was out of town I made trips out to the O.C. to visit with friends and family. I got to visit with my good friend Erin who lives in Denmark with her husband Danny who is a professional soccer player and their two children Blake and Paige. I visited with my parents, my sister and nephews often. And one night we all went to the Fab Four Concert(a tribute band to the Beatles)and my nephews came out of the house wearing beatle shirts, they were so jazzed for the show...it was the cutest thing. My sister turned "30" and had a lot of exciting things happen with that, one of them I'll mention, going to New York with my mom and aunt sissy. I was bummed of course that I could'nt go, but I'll just have to wait till I am 30 and not nursing. Going to the beach a couple of times was great and I even got to surf, It was awesome:)Other then nursing, changing diapers, and soothing, this has been one of the best summers I have ever had. Having this little person and watching him now smile and coo, even his cry sometimes I can find to be kind of cute, nothing can compare. God is so good!

2 comments:

Monique said...

Katie, I am so happy for you and Shane. The both of you are such Godly examples to me. I love reading your updates and can't wait to see you and meet Micah. Cute little family.

a d a m said...

hi kate, great to hear from you. i like your new pictures. looks like micah is growing, super cute. i agree with you...blogging has been a great way to keep in touch with people. add myspace and you're pretty much set! anyway, we've been attending cottonwood for about 6 years and have been members for a little over 2 years. it's grown a lot in that time so we'll be moving to a new campus in January 08. what church does shane pastor at? is it in temecula? i have some photos of the girls on my website – http://adamhaas.org/family – i also have more on my flickr account. will you guys be in orange for the street fair? if you are let me know and maybe we'll see eachother. take care and tell shane hello for me.