Thursday, August 30, 2007

My son, "The Stroller Hater"


Last night I wanted to go for a jog. It had cooled down a bit and it was a beautiful night...I had just felt like getting some fresh air and some exercise. I don't know why I thought things would be different, I know that Micah hates his stroller, anything that is not me or another person holding him he hates. I am pretty optimistic and I thought its close enough to his bedtime I was sure he would be out in a few minutes. Boy was I ever wrong. He wailed, and it only got worse the further I got. At about a mile out I gave in, I couldn't take it anymore. I took him out and carried him about a half mile until he seemed to calm down...I put him back in and he screamed even louder, but what was worse were the stares I got from the neighbors. They looked at me like I was a crazy person. I just waved and said hi as if nothing was wrong...it was actually pretty funny seeing there faces. Well, I hope this stage will pass soon. When I was pregnant I would picture me and my baby going for walks, jogs, shopping, anywhere to get out in the stroller and it would all be enjoyable for him and I. I had know idea that some babies hate the stroller. Its crazy too, I've got 3 different kind. Hopefully someday I'll use them. If you have any stories or advice I would love to hear. I know its not a huge deal, but its tough not being able to get out that much and the baby bjorn can be a killer on the back. If you think of it...and I feel wierd asking for prayer for this but why not, God cares about even the small things. Thanks:)

2 comments:

Monique said...

Sorry Katie, that's a bummer. I will be praying for you. I suppose the only thing I can say is that it does get better. Each stage they reach seems to make things just a little bit easier. Hopefully we can get together soon.
Love,
Mo

Kim Tostada said...

ahhh, Katie.. that really does stink. I will for sure be keeping that in my prayers.

Love ya friend!