Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Motherhood


It has been such an awesome gift for Shane and I to get to know our little guy and watch him change and grow daily. I could have never had imagined how amazing it is being a mom. It is the best job in the world! It is so physically draining yet so fulfilling at the same time. I feel like I am living life in a different world now and through different lenses...it's definitely a big eye opener to how much my life really isn't mine anymore. I know it's ultimately God's, but Micah comes first before my needs. I don't think I realized it until I became one how selfless being a mother really is. If any of you have a mother out there thank her for mothering you. She gave so much of herself for you so that you would be happy, and have all your needs met and taken care of. There is nothing else I'd rather do. I praise God for the awesome gift he has given us!

7 comments:

Kim Tostada said...

Katie,
You are so right! Being a mother is awesome. I appreciate my mom (and dad) so much more since I became a parent.

I've read part of this book today on how children bring so many gifts into our lives like the gift of wonder and honesty. They show us who we really are. We think we are raising them up to be who we think they should be but God is using them in our lives to make us what He wants us to be.. Oh there was so much more but I'll write a novel if I keep going. They are truly wonderful gifts from heaven that constantly remind us of the Wonderful Gift Giver.

Monique said...

Hi Katie,
I love your blog. You are very right about thanking about our parents for their commitments to us. I read a Chinese proverb that said: "To understand your parents love, you must raise children yourself." How true is that. I didn't fully appreciate my parents until I moved away, and now as a parent even more so. Click on my name to check out our family blog. I think about you and Shane often and would really like to get together if you would like. So much has happened in both of our lives since we last saw eachother.

Our Family said...

Thanks for the comments!
Monique, what is your blogger name?
I hope you get this...it is great to hear from you. I would love to check out your blog:)

Monique said...

Hi Katie,
Sorry about that. I thought it would take you directly to our page. Our blog address is www.cadwellfamily.blogspot.com
I'm glad I got your message.

jenni said...

katie, i am so proud of you. you are such an amazing mom. micah is so blessed to have you as his "mommy". motherhood is so amazing, and it is so hard to explain in words, until it happens to you, you can't fully understand it.

Kim Tostada said...

oh my gosh katie, I just remembered your birthday passed...ughh.. I'm sooo sorry I didn't call and totally forgot.. I want to take u out sometime whenever your down here and have the time. Take care dear friend.

Love, Kim

Monique said...

Hi Katie,
Yes, lots of people still call me Mo. I love it. It was so good to hear from you. My email addres is peachme19@yahoo.com
write me so we can set up a time to hang out. i don't mind driving out there. i'd really just like to get together. micah is so cute!!