Monday, September 3, 2007

"Must see Movie"


Last night Shane and I borrowed a movie from some friends to watch. I have been wanting to see it, but I didn't have any idea of how good it would be. It was called, Freedom Writers and it starred Hilary Swank. It was about a high school English teacher who took on a class of students that lived in the projects in Long Beach. Most of them were involved in the gang life style and grew up in crazy rough family situations. She wanted so badly to get through to them and reach them in any way she could. Watching it I thought...she's crazy, this cute little preppy teacher getting through to these hard core, gangster teens...no way! She does though, and it is great how she does it. She sacrafices a ton to do it, and eventually gains there respect. This awesome change happens in their lives and it is so cool to see their lives transform and the way they view the world. I love it! It kind of reminded me of what Christ does with us. The minute we accept Him into our lives, He begins to change us and how we think. Before, all we knew was the life of sin...we didn't know any better. But when Christ comes in He puts our sin to death on the cross and we are set free from that life, and no longer have to live under that power any longer. We are free to know God and understand the things about Him. It's awesome!



Well anyways, I highly reccomend this movie...it's a tear jerker, so you might want to get out the kleenex.

2 comments:

Victor Estrada said...

Thanks for the recommendation.. I want to rent it now.. See ya soon :)

Kim Tostada said...

dang, this is Kim.. I forgot I was using Victor's computer.. the funny thing is I just did this on Eric's blog too