Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"America is Sick"

I cant' believe what I just saw on Oprah today. The topic they were discussing was open marriage which I had know idea is a common thing in America. They had a couple on there sharing about how the husband was completely fine with the wife having a boyfriend. He said, "she just has more love to give." Is that bogus or what? Oprah stated, which kind of upset me, she said "well at least the wife isn't being dishonest or betraying her husband." What is that, so I guess it makes it alright then? Oprah said she just wanted to have an open mind about it. She also said, "Aren't you glad you live in America?" Yea, a country that is free to live by the idea of if it feels good for me then it must be right.
It just makes me so upset how they distort these sick behaviors to make it sound like what there doing is ok and not sin. God made rules for a reason. He loves us and whats to protect us. Its crazy to think that many people in America live without the consciencenous of God in there life. I couldn't even imagine not having someone so much bigger then I, who knows all and created me, to direct and guide my life. I am so thankful for the authority of Christ in my life. I am also thankful that God does have the authority in the souls of at least some men and women in America. I would be scared to see if he wasn't. Still though...America is sick and in desperate need of Jesus.

2 comments:

Pardue Family said...

What is scary too, is that soooo many people look to Oprah for life lessons. And she is so out there, that she is "guiding" down the wrong road...Praise God that He totally is in control and will work it all out for His glory!!!

Kim Tostada said...

I don't know whether to feel sick or sad. I guess I feel both. We are in desperate need of change in America. I can't even imagine what type of world our children are going to grow up in. I'm so thankful that we have the truth to instill in them. Thank You Jesus!!