Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just Us


Last weekend Shane and I had a little get away...we went to the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach. On Friday I had dropped off Micah at my moms house in the afternoon and then we headed out on our little vacation. That evening we dined at the Cheesecake factory in Fashion Island then walked around the shops admiring all the fancy merchandise. We ended the evening with candy bars from 7 eleven and a few games of cards. The next morning we had breakfast down in HB then Shane took me to play frisbee golf. I think by the 18th hole I got the hang of it...he even got me my own discs...Im anxious to play again :) That night we went to Macoroni Grill for dinner then saw the movie "Expelled" which I highly reccomend. The next morning we went to Calvary and it was so great to visit with many friends we havn't seen in awhile. We ended are trip having lunch at Jalepenos with our friends Jeff and Amy and there baby, Simon. I am so thankful for such a wonderful vacation...thanks honey for making this happen :)

2 comments:

Pardue Family said...

I am so stoked that you guys had a good time and were able to connect and have some time alone...cherish it...the more kids you have the less often it happens...and the more you need it..

love you

Matt Doan said...

Katie and Shane,

It made our weekend seeing you guys last Sunday at Calvary.
I really miss living life with you guys on a daily basis.
But I am comforted by the fact that God is using you in mighty ways in Temecula. Hope to see you guys again soon.