Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Best Friend


I would have to say that my sister Jenni is my best friend. Last Monday when Shane went out to school I got to visit her and my nephews. We went for a walk to the circle and just talked while we pushed the strollers along, as my nephew Tanner cruised on his razor. I look forward to those days I get to go out and visit my family. Its especially harder now that I have Micah but it makes those times together even more special. She is just so giving and caring. Micah has a nice place to nap there and she sets up the bed and even puts a fan in the room. Its just so comforting having a sister who has been through the whole baby stage before 3 times. Micah is also quite entertained by my three nephews...they even give him a guy to be while they play with there action figures. I have always felt close to my sister, but now that I am a mom I feel like I understand her much better, and I even have much more respect and admiration for her. She is an amazing mother and such a wonderful friend to so many people. I learn so much about being a wife, a mother and a friend from her. I praise God for blessing me with such a great sister and friend. Love you Jen...thanks for everything :)

3 comments:

Kim Tostada said...

that was such a sweet post. I have so much respect for Jenni too. You can tell she loves her family. She's also an awesome mops coordinator. I don't know how she does it :) I have a lot to learn still.

jenni said...

Katie!!! that was such a nice post. thanks so much. i love you too, and i think you are such an amazing mother, sister, wife, daughter and friend :)

Jon and Missy K said...

Hey DiLisi's! I just saw your blog link off of Moniques. I didn't know you guys had a baby! He is so cute! Congrats! Hope you are both doing well. ---Missy